There are limited openings for the 2014 Retreats, as noted below. Other openings will be announced as soon as they become available. If you are interested in attending a retreat this year be sure to place your name on a waiting list, those on the waiting list are notified first of any openings. We limit the number of people at each retreat so that everyone gets their own table with lots of working room.
If your group would like to book a private retreat exclusive to your group, please send us an email.
Include the name of the group,
how many ladies you need space for, the month you would like to retreat and any other information you feel is needed. You do not
have to be an "organized" group, just a group of quilters who wants to retreat.
Monday October 27 to November 2, 2014
This retreat is fully booked.
Tuesday November 4 to November 9, 2014
This retreat is fully booked.
If you would like to join a retreat group, please send us an
email telling us which retreat you are interested in.
We will put your name on a waiting list for that retreat and notify you of any openings. After this year's retreat has ended
I will announce openings for next year. (Prior and current retreaters have priority in future retreats.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We are an official guild, with by-laws and membership cards. All
registered retreaters are automatically members of the guild, your "dues" are included in your retreat fee. If you would like a
membership card prior to your retreat, please send a SASE.
Our retreats are all about having fun, but we still have to have some rules. Please read the following carefully.
· To reserve a room for a retreat, you must send a NON-REFUNDABLE $100 DEPOSIT in the amount required for the specific retreat for each person attending the retreat.
· Your NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT will NOT be refunded if you cancel your reservation even if you have a good reason. See our cancellation policy below.
· Your deposit reserves your room and one space in the conference room only.
· If you are attending multiple retreats, a deposit for each retreat is required.
· When all spaces in a retreat are sold out, we will start a waiting list. When someone cancels, an email will be sent to the first person on the waiting list offering the then available space. That person will have three days to respond. After three days, the space will be offered to the next person on the waiting list and so on, until either the space is filled or the waiting list is empty.
· Payment in full for the retreat must be received no later than 90 days before the retreat starts. NO EXCEPTIONS! If payment is not received on time, the reservation will be cancelled and your NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT will be forfeited.
ROOMMATES AND SINGLE ROOMS
· Delaware Quilts will NOT match roommates. If you want to share a room, you need to find your own roommate.
· If your roommate cancels, YOU MUST PAY FOR A PRIVATE ROOM or find a replacement paying roommate. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. If you find yourself in this situation, please do not be surprised when you are required to pay for a single room.
Cancellation by Delaware Quilts
· Delaware Quilts reserves the right to cancel a retreat if there is insufficient enrollment or in an emergency situation.
· If Delaware Quilts cancels a retreat, your deposit will be refunded. Note, this is the only situation in which your deposit will be refunded!
· For all non-emergencies, cancellation will be announced one month prior to the payment due date (120 days prior to the retreat).
Cancellations by Retreaters
· Cancellations must be in writing. (Email is fine, but if you do not get an acknowledgement within three days please email again and/or send snail mail.)
· If the cancellation notice is received 90 days prior to the retreat start date, your payments minus the NON-REFUNDABLE deposit will be refunded. Your deposit will not be refunded.
· Cancellation notices received after 90 days prior to the retreat, result in forfeiture of all sums paid.
By sending in your deposit you are acknowledging that you have read and agree with this policy.
This policy will be posted with the appropriate dates below each retreat. You may link to information about each retreat by clicking on that retreat above.
After much consideration I have decided to no longer accept PayPal payments for any quilters' retreats. Why? In 2011
I paid $488.35 in PayPal fees. That is $488 that could have gone to a charity. Payments
may be made by check made payable to Marge Gordon.
Please note... if you send me an email about any retreat, in order for me to reply to you, you must add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. Otherwise your server may deliver my reply to your spam folder, and you will never get it.